Sunday, 25 January 2015

Cosford Airshow - 2014

Hello everyone, now this post is long overdue (Seven months infact), but with not a lot of inspiration and lots of things going on in my life, I havent had a lot of time to post on this blog. But I am back now, and hopefully will be able to post more regularly over the year.

Back on the 8th June 2014 I visited Cosford Airshow, if you do not know Cosford Airshow is a yearly, one day event where thousands of people from members of the public, aviation addicts and VIP's attend this event.

I can start of by saying that 2014's event was a lot more planned out in comparison to 2013, especially with traffic management I personally found that access onto and off of the airfield was a lot more managed. 2014 introduced the parking bay, a system in which a few hundred cars would come on and show their tickets then would be allowed onto the airfield, this not only made access to the show quicker, but it also reduced traffic flow, which was a great start - however due to the heavy rain the previous day, made some areas of the field rather muddy, but the weather was amazing on the day, with only one short shower just as the Typhoon was to display.

Onto the displays, I was very impressed with the flying display in 2014, I must admit I get impressed rather easy and there were a few highlights for me, which I will include in pictures further on down. Some of the displays at the 2014's show included ); Breitling Wingwalkers, BAF Red Devils, RAF Voyager , Midair Squadron - Canberra & Hunter, Spitfire PR11, BBMF Dakota/Spitfire/Hurricane ), RAF Typhoon, RAF Sea King, GliderFX, RAF Red Arrows, Royal Navy Solo Black Cat, The Blades, Vulcan XH558, Army Apache, Jet Provost T5, and The Yakovlevs - wow thats a large list!
Unfortunately there was some problems meaning some aircraft were unable to attend including the C17 Flypast, Lancaster Bomber (In France) and the Royal Navy Sea Fury and Swordfish.

The air displays are always the best bit of the show for me and over the last 2 years have started with the Jaguar Taxi, originally consisting of one Jaguar, but then got replaced with 2, so it was lovely to hear the roaring of the Jag's at 10:15am on the morning, it got the displays off to a 'roaring' start.

Some of the highlights for me at this years show were; The Red Arrows, RAF Typhoon, Sea King, Canberra, BBMF Dakota and the Lynx, and they are included in the pictures below.

2014 was in my opinion an amazing show and I honestly cant wait for the 2015 show (which is in just over 5 months away!) and if you are not aware, the Cosford management team annouced their first paticipant for the show and their first international act which is the Swiss Air Force F18 which is super exciting.
Thats all for this post, and fingers crossed I get to post more to you all in the future.











No comments:

Post a Comment